O.K so my update on the air cleaner question flew like a lead zepplin - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 2nd, 2008, 12:29 AM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

crap. Just had the cats replaced in pretty much the same position and should have thought about the heat then (as I pummel myself with my little fists). Maybe next time I can put a single big cat in the Y.
O......being the blabber mouth that I am, I wanted to keep some of the heat from getting into the cab that resonates from the area between the seats - so I went to the junkyard and pulled the aluminum and fiberglass heat cover combo from the inside of the cab engine cover point (the one that allows you access to the ass end of the engine) from some 80s Ford and Chevy Full size vans. Just haven't had time to tuck in under their yet. I keep anyone posted on its effectiveness once I get my "air conditioner back together project" done.

On a side note is it just me or are other D90 and 110 owners torn about the possibility of new Defender's making their way to our shores under the ta ta regime, I know this is a long shot but I struggle with "Do I want the value of my vehicle going down being a selfish pri_k" or "will it benefit us all in the long run" (most likely a question for another section of the forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 2nd, 2008, 12:33 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeWan
On a side note is it just me or are other D90 and 110 owners torn about the possibility of new Defender's making their way to our shores under the ta ta regime, I know this is a long shot but I struggle with "Do I want the value of my vehicle going down being a selfish pri_k" or "will it benefit us all in the long run" (most likely a question for another section of the forum.
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=15143

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old May 2nd, 2008, 12:41 AM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

Maybe a second set of downpipes are in your future. One for summer. The other for Winter!

With your vehicles age and miles covered envy is really futile. Look at the new vehicles at future parts source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeWan
crap. Just had the cats replaced in pretty much the same position and should have thought about the heat then (as I pummel myself with my little fists). Maybe next time I can put a single big cat in the Y.
O......being the blabber mouth that I am, I wanted to keep some of the heat from getting into the cab that resonates from the area between the seats - so I went to the junkyard and pulled the aluminum and fiberglass heat cover combo from the inside of the cab engine cover point (the one that allows you access to the ass end of the engine) from some 80s Ford and Chevy Full size vans. Just haven't had time to tuck in under their yet. I keep anyone posted on its effectiveness once I get my "air conditioner back together project" done.

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions