'Nuther Won't Start Thread - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 20th, 2009, 01:37 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij
Did you replace the silver relay for the computer? Try swapping them and see if the fuel pump still runs.

Ron
Let me try that - once the rain/wind dies down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 27th, 2009, 12:41 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
UPDATE:

My dad came into town and helped me out. Main thing he noted was that there was a weak spark. I had ordered a Mallory kit anyway so we installed it and it started up. Maybe a broken module inside the original distributor?

Check Engine light came on with Code 44. Cleared it this morning and drove the truck on a short drive and it hasn't come back on.

My dad said to change the oil as a little gas might have gotten into the pan. It was needing a change anyway and I figure it wouldn't hurt.

I will probably end up getting new plug wires as the ones that were on it don't seem to fit the Mallory cap all that great. What have people used with Mallory setups? Does Magnecor work well?

One thing I noticed was with the new distributor and coil setup that the truck fires right up better than it did before. The only downside is that the idling seems a little off - idles high coming to a stop sign for a moment and then low after it stands for a bit. Maybe the plug wire isn't making a great connection?

At any rate, it's great to have it running and I really appreciate the help from the board. I probably ended up spending a little more on some extra parts but I learned more about the ins and outs of the truck and from what I've read the Mallory setup should be a bit more stable/stronger than the stock distributor and coil.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
start