Non-USA market '94 and '95 D90 importation. - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 12th, 2009, 12:40 PM
robert hall
95 d-90sw
mikes comment about how easy it is to get a state title is right on and is what many shady operators count on. most dmv employees barely know their own state regs let alone federal dot/epa regs. i fell for just such a scam. the guy selling told me to contact my state dmv and if they told me they would title a 110 then it was "legal" and thats just what i heard from my state dmv. i didnt find out that federal laws prohibited importing defenders less than 25 yrs old with very few exceptions until i mentioned the deal to my insurance agent. since they have money in the game they apparently are better informed than state employees. i was told they have had some cases involving illegally imported 110s that got into wrecks, the agent figured out the vehicle was illegally imported and the insurance company refused to pay. my insurance agent from allstate after checking with higher ups told me they wouldnt even insure the vehicle i was going to buy because it would have been illegally imported.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

90, 95, d90, import