Noise cancelling - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 12th, 2010, 09:35 AM
ditskovich
dmitry
Range Rover Sport 2013

Noise cancelling

I went over past posts, trying to find the way to lower in cabin noise.
I know it is been discussed on several occasions.
What would you recommend?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 12th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Firemanshort
David Short
1980 Stage One 109

Registry
What did you say???

Earplugs

This is what I did - every trip on the highway over about an hour and I have these on. (I drive a Series / Stage One.)
Sterling, VA
Old September 13th, 2010, 12:55 AM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Seriously. Earplugs. I have earplugs AND Dynamat. For long trips I use noise canceling earbuds that I can listen to music, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemanshort
Earplugs

This is what I did - every trip on the highway over about an hour and I have these on. (I drive a Series / Stage One.)
Advertisement

Old September 13th, 2010, 01:17 AM
orionpco
larry burns
1962 series 2a

from my experience ( jeeps and aircraft cabins) once you have done the simple first things first sound proofing, its time to expand to the fenders and cargo area. even using a sound deadening material under the fender tops and tub sides helps alot. it all adds up. of course with sound deadening material used in mass like this there is no need to use the most expensive and consider the weight properties of the type and brand you are using. two areas i have found that make sounds echo are corners and what i best describe as half tube areas (areas that are bent or shaped like tunnel) . corners seem to amplify sound by allowing the original sound to bounce off as well as creating an echo.
a good rule of thumb is that low frequencies use long flexible panels to travel and high frequencies use corners to bounce back and forth. and for us budget reminded people (my mind says yeah but my wallet says hell nah) any material thats goey or soft works well, just dont pick a meterial that holds or gathers moisture.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions