No Start fixed despite myself. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old October 12th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Kevin Houseal
1994 NAS D-90
Smile No Start fixed despite myself.

After spending hours reading all the threads on relays/ignitions/fuel pumps (thanks to all of you who contribute so much information) the truck finally started tonight.

The Key in the ignition lost it's spring action and would crank if I held the key just right. So, removed and replaced the lock cylinder / switch ($400 stealer / $75 !!!), still no start. (I also opened up the old switch and reset the springs and ball bearing, so the old one works now too).

Check fuses inside and under hood, three times.
After three nights of fishing with a mirror, found the 2 relays up behind the A/C (1994). Called all over town and found them. Replaced and no start.

Checked fuses again, this time I pulled all the fuses despite what the Prince of Darkness had them labled and sure enough, LIGHTS was burnt out. Swapped it and truck started right up.

So, as others have said over and over, check the fuses, all of them!

Oh, the cylinder does not have the 2 wires on the top, I too am guessing it's just a key / door dinger thingy.

Now, with newly installed Rancho 9000s, OME SS and ProComp MTs, it's on to the desert!!!!

Old October 13th, 2006, 07:36 AM
Steve Maietta
1969 IIA 88" Bugeye
Good job!!!!

Same story over here.. A friends Porsche 944 blinkers stopped working. All bulbs were good, checked all the appropriate relays and fuses, they all checked out too. Once I reseated ALL of the fuses the blinkers started working again. Still don't know which one it was!! But the blinkers work, case closed.

fun electrical troubleshooting . . . .

Old October 14th, 2006, 12:16 AM
Brian Love
I would have found a way to electrocute myself. Kudos on not doing that.....
Inspirational Thought of the Day

Some people are like Slinkies ...
Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when
you push them down a flight of stairs.

1995 Discovery

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions