No reception - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 8th, 2004, 12:58 PM
waveridin1959
Brian Jones
1995 D-90 ST #2892

Registry
No reception

I haven't been able to get any kinda radio reception with my pioneer cd player. I don't know if it is the antenna or the radio itself. is there replacement antennas that double for cb's as well?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 8th, 2004, 01:10 PM
loykd
Ken Loy
1994 Portofino Red ST

Brian, I looked into Firestick's antenna splitter (Model AR-1A) a while back. Check www.firestick.com for info. When I talked to someone at one of the online stores, they said that it's not that effective and most people don't like them. Never talked to anyone directly though. Maybe someone else here has personal experience.
Old April 8th, 2004, 01:38 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

I replaced my radio antenna and the cable going to the antenna a while ago due to the fact that I wasn't getting any reception. Any Auto parts store should have antennas and a Car audio store should have the cable. I would check the cable over first, it probably has a nick in it someplace and needs to be replaced.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 8th, 2004, 02:36 PM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
I have the firestik splitter, and I'll sell it real cheap.

It sucks. Don't buy it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old April 9th, 2004, 04:41 PM
waveridin1959
Brian Jones
1995 D-90 ST #2892

Registry
I took the radio out, looks like the end of the antenna cable has seen better days. I am just gonna replace it an hpoe for the best. Wish I could get XM and be done with it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions