No Rear Lights - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old August 21st, 2016, 10:10 PM
gwmckee
George
1994 NAS D90 #1919

No Rear Lights

Well, my build is going pretty well but ran into a snag today. For background, I have a 1994 NAS 90 soft top that I have been restoring for the better part of the last 10 months. Engine , transmission and transfer case rebuilt and are working fairly well. Swapped in a new galvanized frame from Rovers North. Every nut and bolt on the truck has been cleaned or replaced.

Here is my problem... no lights work on the back of the truck (brake, reverse, indicators, license plate lamp or either side marker). All other lights work fine with the exception of the "fast blink" on the turn signals (this is likely due to the fact that the rear indicators are not working). I've taken out a bunch of ghost wiring during this project and am not sure if I missed a connection somewhere. Is there a master connection to the rear lights somewhere? Seems to me like the rear harness is not getting power.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 21st, 2016, 10:52 PM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer
1957 107 wagon, 94 arles St, 95 RRC

The rear harness connects near the passenger side foot wheel. You Should see it come out of the the chassis by the outrigger. Follow it up and see if it is connected. Test light and power prob will be your friend....
Advertisement

Old August 22nd, 2016, 12:02 AM
gwmckee
George
1994 NAS D90 #1919

Yep. Right after I hit send on my post, I had a beer and then started tracing the rear harness. Turns out there are several connections next to the heater box where the rear harness connects to the main harness. There are two sets of connectors... One white and the other black. I had the black connectors plugged into the white socket and the white connector into the black socket. Once I switched white to white and black to black, viola!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ht, lights