No electric? No power to ANYTHING please help - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 19th, 2012, 08:31 PM
bar11
rob grentz
1994 defender 90

No electric? No power to ANYTHING please help

I have a NAS d90 and have had it on a battery tender for the winter and have started it occasionally but today when I went to drive it there was no power I mean no electrical power when I turn the key nothing the lights don't work or the flashers I mean it's like dead to the world?? Is there a main fuse to check? Any ideas or suggestions are welcome Thanks in advance Rob I accidentally also posted this in the series discussion "sorry"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 19th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Viton
Deaf Ember
Smart 4x4

I'd 1st start with a volt meter and test the battery voltage.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 01:42 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

Most common is a ground problem. If it uses the same braided grounding strap found on the RRC/D1 it commonly rots right through.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts!

- Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 23rd, 2012, 07:58 PM
maleger
Marc-Andre Leger
94D90 CDN#18 http://rover.leger.ca

Registry
There are big fuses in the engine bay, near the driver's side bulkhead, But you really need to check the voltage at the battery and the grind mentioned above. Then look at the wiring diagram and measure power starting at the battery, at the starter, at the alternator, etc. But most likely is a dead battery...
Old April 24th, 2012, 07:58 PM
bar11
rob grentz
1994 defender 90

Thanks for all the great advise but I'm a goof the battery was super dead i assumed that since it was on a trickle charge it would be fine not thinking the charger may have gone bad..... yeah I know what assume means thanks again ROB

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions