No brights? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 30th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Trigger
Tony Fannin
'94 D-90 #491

No brights?

Wired in a trailer harness on the 90 today. Everything seemed to be fine until I tried the headlights. I heard the fuse pop. No biggie. Replaced it and tried again. Pop. Upped it to a 7.5A fuse instead of a 5A. I know, not ideal, but it shouldn't be a big deal. After more testing I found that the brights no longer work.
My question, do the brights run through the indicator switch like the headlights do through the headlight switch or are they on a relay? I think that may be the problem if they do run through the switch. I replaced that with a used one last year after mine broke so I have no idea of its age.
Also, does anyone have a wiring diagram of the indicator switch so I can check that out?

edit: After thinking about it I realized that the brights have nothing to do with the trailer lights. Completely different circuit so it must be a coincidence. So what I really need is that wiring diagram to figure out if the switch has gone bad or to help trace it to something else.
Advertisement

Old October 1st, 2005, 10:17 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

I think i got what you want
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01724.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	3956   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01726.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	3957  

Old October 1st, 2005, 10:27 AM
sheki
David Shechter
97' D90 SW 2.8L diesel

the high beam is on a seperate fuse, did you check those?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 1st, 2005, 12:56 PM
Trigger
Tony Fannin
'94 D-90 #491

Thanks for the diagram. I started tracing wires this morning and after pulling the steering wheel to get at the stalk I found the blue/white for the high beams had come unplugged from the assembly. Plugged her back in and I was in business.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ht