NO brake lights or turn signals...fuses are good - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 6th, 2010, 05:59 PM
tebby
Justin Tebbenkamp
95 D-90 ST

NO brake lights or turn signals...fuses are good

My low & hign beams work...all gauges work. Fuses are good in cab and under the hood. I don't have any turn signals or brake lights!!! Any ideas? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 7th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Ronanmd1
Jason
1997 D90 HS2.8

Ground fault? I had a similar problem although I also lost my water temp, tach, fuel and alt gauges. Turns out they all share a common ground. Found that the wiring on my signal light had rubbed through and was causing a short.

Jason
Old September 7th, 2010, 09:28 AM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

I would check the switch, I had an issue on mine where I lost the head lights. The contacts wore out.... If you are comfortable with wiring make a jumper wire to test it. A test light will also come in handy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 12th, 2010, 11:58 AM
tebby
Justin Tebbenkamp
95 D-90 ST

Could corrision issues with the rear signals & brakes cause a common ground problem where I don't have signals?

Planning on replacing rear with LEDs from ECR.
Old September 13th, 2010, 08:16 AM
kevkon
kevin
1994 D90 300tdi #730, SIII 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebby View Post
Could corrision issues with the rear signals & brakes cause a common ground problem where I don't have signals?

Planning on replacing rear with LEDs from ECR.
I would recheck your fuses. Then check the bulbs. The lights are grounded into a 4 way bullet connector at each rear corner so it's unlikely that the ground at the lights is at fault. The signal failure could be at the stalk or the hazard switch. The brake lights are separate, so I'm not sure why they would be out as well.
Old September 13th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Hoosier
Chris Hinkle
More than I need

Do they flash when you activate the hazard switch? Back and front? Right and left?
Old September 13th, 2010, 10:45 AM
tebby
Justin Tebbenkamp
95 D-90 ST

DAMN!!! Found the problem!!! I read a previous post on the hazard switch sticking....I assumed that wasn't the problem because I haven't used my hazards recently. But that's what is was...hazard stuck in a little....guess one of the kids pushed it or something. Besides that being the main issue....I still have the problem of all of my rear brake lights flashing whenever I have the left blinker on....I've tried switching out the two relays in the fuse panel...I guess the next step is to replace them...unless someone has an idea of why all the brake lights are flashing in the left position? thanks for emphasing the hazard switch again...justin

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
brake, ht, lights, signal