Nightmare situation!!!! - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 10th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Clarky199
Louis
1989 defender 110 hard top

Nightmare situation!!!!

An anyone tell me where I might get a detailed wiring diagram for an 1989 defender 110 hard top with a 200tdi engine? I'd swapped fuse boxes to a blade type but struggled with the rear lights. Anyway to cut a long story short an auto electrician I found on the Internet came round, stripped out all of the wiring to the fuse box I'd done claiming it was all wrong even though everything but the rear lights was working and pulled it all apart. He then proceeded to just colour match everything and plug it back in. When he realised he'd totally cocked it up he just upped and left. He now won't respond to my calls or texts. I doubt I can afford another auto electrician to come out now so am going to have to try and figure it all out myself.
If anyone knows of anything that may help please please let me know!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 10th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
The issue with your rear lights likely had nothing to do with the fuse box.

There wasn't a 1989 200tdi 110 so no one will have a diagram that specific but any diesel
diagram should suffice.
Download a factory work shop manual- they are all over the internet and there should be a fuse box wiring/color coding diagram
there.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old November 10th, 2014, 11:05 AM
fireball
Ben
Shopping!

Here's a start, others will likely have better info: http://www.landroverweb.com/landrove...rover-manuals/

Workshop manual part 5 has the EWDs. And there also appear to be a few files just for the 200tdi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 10th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
in the spectrum of my automotive experience, in regards to complexity of electrical diagrams, you have from simple to complex: sandrail/dune buggies, then defenders, then all other cars.

it's well docemented. everything you need is online and easy to find. good luck.

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old November 10th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Clarky199
Louis
1989 defender 110 hard top

Thank you all very much. I genuinely appreciate all of your help. I'm desperate to get it running again. It's the first 4x4 I've owned and am REALLY looking forward to trying green laning if I ever find any near me!!!
Old November 10th, 2014, 09:00 PM
bish1865
Bruce Bishop
1985 Defender 110

My main harness in my 110 burned up. After checking the replacement cost and about had a stroke!! I took it one step at a time with the factory diagram and started cutting, splicing, soldering and heat shrinking. Everything works!!! Take your time once you get into it it's really not that bad. Just think of the hourly rate you'll save. Good Luck
Old November 10th, 2014, 09:45 PM
Landy_Andy
Andy
1999 D2, 1985 D100 Truggy & 1951 S1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarky199 View Post
Thank you all very much. I genuinely appreciate all of your help. I'm desperate to get it running again. It's the first 4x4 I've owned and am REALLY looking forward to trying green laning if I ever find any near me!!!
Here's a suggestion, join the LRUK forum.. Not to knock the guys here but I can guarantee there will be someone local to you that'd come round & help you out. Don't forget to join GLASS too & tread lightly
Old November 10th, 2014, 09:55 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Crap there are other LR forums!

In any event it sounds like you've got your work cut out for you. Hopefully you've got the time to spend on it to figure it all out. It will be better that paying for someone else to learn it! Good Luck.
Old November 10th, 2014, 09:59 PM
Landy_Andy
Andy
1999 D2, 1985 D100 Truggy & 1951 S1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Larson View Post
Crap there are other LR forums!

In any event it sounds like you've got your work cut out for you. Hopefully you've got the time to spend on it to figure it all out. It will be better that paying for someone else to learn it! Good Luck.
He could even join his local LR club -http://www.muddyduck.org.uk

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions