Newer one-piece door: card removal - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 17th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Talleyrand
John
1998 Defender 110 CSW 300Tdi

Registry
Newer one-piece door: card removal

Hi guys,

I need to remove the door cards from my newer type one-piece steel doors. Any workshop diagrams out there, or guides on how to remove the cards without breaking the clips? I have the old workshop manuals but they only apply to the older type of two-piece doors that had aluminium skins.

Thanks!

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 17th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Jbullis
Jason Bullis
1994 NAS 90 #1810, 2006 LR3

Registry
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ead.php?t=4087
Old June 18th, 2013, 12:01 AM
Talleyrand
John
1998 Defender 110 CSW 300Tdi

Registry
Hi Jason,

Not a bad link but that is for the old type doors like what I am taking off, that is what my manuals also cover. So I still need someone to point me in the right direction on the new, Puma type doors.

Cheers,
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 18th, 2013, 10:50 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
It's almost exactly the same, press studs are in slightly different locations iirc. I like to use one of those screwdriver-handled pry bars covered with tape. I just work it gently and have had good luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old June 18th, 2013, 11:02 AM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
If you break one of the fir tree mounts on the door card you can replace them with a metal tack that you glue and tap into place .. at least you could on the earlier type ... i'm pretty sure the later type is the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tack.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	74624  
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions