NewB oil cooler line question - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 30th, 2011, 11:23 AM
tebby
Justin Tebbenkamp
95 D-90 ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post
Kevin I had a local hydraulic shop rebuild mine. They take the hard ends off and braze on standard fittings on the line side and then make new lines. Cheaper than any of the kits. Next time you have standard lines to replace even more cheaply.

I have a used set here if you need cores and want to get some made and not have any downtime other than the swap.

charle
Charles...just out of curiosty...about how much did your shop charge you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 30th, 2011, 05:52 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
It's been a few years but it was $115 for the pair.
Old January 30th, 2011, 06:06 PM
NoVaKevin
Kevin
sold#1469

Havent driven it in 2 weeks. First, I am trying to figure out my exhaust for emissions, but I am in no hurry. The aftermarket exhaust has 2 inlets (1 from each cat) and 1 outlet from the muffler. OEM D90 i belive had 1 and 1. So, I have been researching what brand muffler it is, so that I dont have to also replace from cats/y-pipe back to end of car (and save some dolla dolla bills). I think its a Gibson muffler. But, their site doesnt have LR parts, so I have to call them to confirm. The dimensions of mine make be believe its a Gibson. Ohh...and its alllllll welded together which complicates things.

Charles, Ill let you know what direction I am going. Even if your way costs 115, I still have to spend 65 on the mocal sandwich plate. So, for a few more dollars I can get all parts from trailhead/lucky 8, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 30th, 2011, 06:34 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
No my way doesn't involve any extra parts or sandwich plates. That's the point. Take the stock ends and replace the rest with a setup that is easy and cheap to do if ever needed again.

What's the problem with your exhaust? Sounds like your y-pipe/cats have been modified if you have two pipes going into the muffler have any pictures?
Old January 30th, 2011, 06:45 PM
NoVaKevin
Kevin
sold#1469

no pics, will throw some up if i get some time. looks like stock LR cats were kept (or new OEM ones used), y-pipe back was modified.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions