New to the board, have questions - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 5th, 2005, 04:07 AM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

New to the board, have questions

Hi Y'all,

I just got my first Land Rover, a 1994 Defender 90 (AA Yellow), three weeks ago. I have a few questions that perhaps you folks could answer:

1) My black soft top is fading and now more of a charcoal grey. Is it possible to re-dye these? The condition of the fabric is pretty good, other than the color.

2) Has anyone rigged up an interior lighting system for the rear cargo/seating area? I was thinking about a pair of white LED banks, one on each side of the compartment, that turned on when the rear door was open. Any ideas here?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 5th, 2005, 11:04 AM
mdmccallum
Mike
'97 Defender 90 SW

I have a hard top but I would also be interested in some more lighting in the back like you describe. Sorry I can't be more helpful but i will be watching this thread.
Old September 5th, 2005, 12:04 PM
devinchi
Tim Brown
'95 D90 ST '99D2

LEd ligting would be easy for the rear. YOu would have to rig up a switch for the door, but as for the LED portion shoot me an e-mail and I can point you at some very small and bright lights. tim@datalimbo.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 5th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Chris your soft top could be a tickford top and it would be charcole gray like this one

http://salmons-leap.com/winterromp/W..._romp_2005_093

As for the intrior light some info here

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ead.php?t=3261
Old September 5th, 2005, 05:02 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinchi
LEd ligting would be easy for the rear. YOu would have to rig up a switch for the door, but as for the LED portion shoot me an e-mail and I can point you at some very small and bright lights. tim@datalimbo.com
I was thinking about using some of these, perhaps. I hope to save a little money and build the lights myself, but I haven't yet thought of a good way to build the light "banks" and mount them. My idea is to mount them on both sides of the roll cage, facing down, towards the floor of the rear area. Ideally, I want something that is bright enough to rummage by but easy on the amperage, so I can run them for hours without draining the battery.

Chris

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hippert
Chris your soft top could be a tickford top and it would be charcole gray like this one

http://salmons-leap.com/winterromp/W..._romp_2005_093
Ah. Indeed, that is my top. ;-)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions