new springs? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 14th, 2004, 06:07 PM
scoloco
Scott
'94 D90 ST

new springs?

I'm looking to put new OME springs under my D90.
My original thought was 751/762 combo, but I've seen enough comments to wonder if a better config is available. Some folks run 762 or 764 all round.

I plan to put 285s under it soon. This will for all intents and purposes be a daily driver, and trail machine. So I'm looking for something all round, and not totally dedicated to the trail. Perhaps an inch or two of lift would be nice.

Currently I have stock springs and Rancho9000 shocks. '94 softtop with a winch up front.

Based on the above, any recommendations on which OME springs (and do I need to swap out my shocks, if so to what) I should consider. And why.
tnx for any input.
-scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 14th, 2004, 08:16 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Call John Lee at the www.expeditionexchange.com or check out the site. they have alot of info on the springs
Old January 14th, 2004, 08:35 PM
ronward
Redsrover
None - sadly

Scott, I have 751 HD front and 764 MD rear on my 1997 90 soft top with ARB bumber and winch up front. Truck sits just slightly lower in front by a half inch or so when the rear is empty. When fully loaded, she sits a bit low in the back. If I had it to do all over again I'd go with the 751 heavy duty in front and the 762 heavy duty in the rear for a more balanced look when loaded for camping/wheeling trips. My $0.02 worth.

Oh, and I run ARB shocks and got the whole suspension setup from John at EE. I have 255 85 16 BFG MT's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 20th, 2004, 10:03 AM
scoloco
Scott
'94 D90 ST

Ron,

when your truck is fully loaded, how much stuff you got? What sorts of things? (Trying to figure out how often I'll be going that heavy)
-scott
Old April 5th, 2004, 06:08 PM
ronward
Redsrover
None - sadly

Sorry, I forgot about this post for a while... When fully loaded I run about 250 - 300 lbs of gear and I remove the rear forward facing seat and brackets.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions