New Production of Part Number AWR1546LNF - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old April 14th, 2015, 12:49 PM
1997 D90 ST #1615
New Production of Part Number AWR1546LNF

Taken from the wanted section where I have had no luck.

The trim bits in question:
Trim Panel - Roof - Land Rover Workshop

OK so I have some good news to report on the trim pieces. For $350 per piece an aeronautical engineering company with a really really good 3d scanner and "touch up" software will scan and give me a makerbot printable file. Makerbot will charge about $30.00 for the center bit and about $60.00 per side piece.

I am most likely going to have the scan done for my center piece only. At which time I will be offering them for sale in an unlimited quantity unlimited supply. How many people might be interested in a center piece?

I might even go thru kickstarter for this as well as I will be looking to recoup my costs but not make anything. So pricing will vary depending on volume of the initial order.

Please respond if interested.

1997 D90 ST #1615
I have not been asked once if my 90 was a Jeep after I installed my new decal!
Old April 15th, 2015, 09:25 AM
Lar Malleis
1997 D90 / 1998 RR / 1999 D2
Hello Patrick, First of all; thank you for all the homework you have done on this. Maybe we all have learned a lot about such a obscure limited produced part. I might be willing to help (give) you with some cash to start the process for all three parts. It would be great if we all gave a little. Please help me understand the amount needed; about $1,000. to scan, $120. to plot, $? to manufacture. A total estimate could be helpful to share with the group. Thanks again, Lar

Old December 5th, 2015, 12:41 PM
Gary Boyd
D90 1985 updated to Anniversary
Just found this as I've been chasing these parts for a few years. I'd be interested in a set. Gary
Old December 5th, 2015, 09:53 PM
Amit Likhyani
95 D90 Soft Top Estoril Blue 6.2 LS
I need all 3 pieces badly.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions