New/old 1984 defender 90 200 TDI help - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 23rd, 2015, 08:53 PM
PACNORWESTDEFENDER
Mike
1984 Defender 90

New/old 1984 defender 90 200 TDI help

I just bought a 1984 defender 90 200TDI, however it didn't come with and manuals. Does anyone know where I should begin searching for repair manuals, wiring diagrams, and owners manuals.

I would like to start with changing the fluids but I don't know what fluids it takes i.e oil weight/viscosity and I also need to know oil filter part number

Also parts and part numbers?

I am a rookie on rebuilds and this is my first, any help would be great and much appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 23rd, 2015, 09:21 PM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Mike:
Welcome.
I have paper copies of the manuals, but they can be had online via PDF as well as the parts list.
Since the 200TDI was not native to a 1984 LR 90, there is no true manual for your ride, but using a section here and there you can generally find what you need.

Because I have paper copies am not sure of the location of the online downloadable manuals, but someone here can help.

Paging John B, John B...

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

"What's with this death wobble, Uncle Douglas, I can't keep it in 1 lane?"
UD: "Just Power through it man!"
Old March 23rd, 2015, 09:42 PM
DannyboyUpstate
Danny Harrington
1983 110 3-door

Registry
I was in the same position as you about a year and a half ago. I have an 83 110 with a poorly executed 200TDI swap. Luckily, these machines are so simple, that if you have basic mechanical skills and common sense, you can fix or upgrade basically everything on these. I have used the links Jeff posted hundreds of times in the last year and a half.

Coming from German car land, the only real pain in the ass on these things is searching for parts. It seems everything has to be done by part number and unfortunately 83 and 84 have some strange parts. Especially the 110.

This board is an INCREDIBLE group of guys. They have never let me down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 23rd, 2015, 10:00 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Welcome to the board. Also use the search function as there is a treasure trove of info to be had as chances are someone has had a similar problem.
Old March 24th, 2015, 12:10 AM
Mybluett
Defenders Northwest
110SW
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACNORWESTDEFENDER View Post
I just bought a 1984 defender 90 200TDI, however it didn't come with and manuals. Does anyone know where I should begin searching for repair manuals, wiring diagrams, and owners manuals.

I would like to start with changing the fluids but I don't know what fluids it takes i.e oil weight/viscosity and I also need to know oil filter part number

Also parts and part numbers?

I am a rookie on rebuilds and this is my first, any help would be great and much appreciated
Mike,

We are an hour south of you on the Peninsula, and happy to help answer most any questions you might have.

Brian
Old March 24th, 2015, 02:36 AM
PACNORWESTDEFENDER
Mike
1984 Defender 90

Thanks Brian...it's good to know there is someone local I can ask questions

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
1984, 90, defender, defender 90, tdi