New Fuel Pump - Not Working - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 27th, 2015, 11:57 PM
RhinoRover
Andy
1986 D110

New Fuel Pump - Not Working

The system is completely dry except for a few gallons in the tank. New fuel pump, tank and recycled gas lines. I put a few gallons in the new tank, turned the key and can hear the pump run, but it sounds like its running dry. Do I need to prime the pump or something?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 28th, 2015, 12:09 AM
RhinoRover
Andy
1986 D110

I also confirmed that there is no fuel at the fuel rails. Again, do I need to prime the lines/pump or release air from the lines? Is there an obvious step that I'm missing? I hate to run the pump dry anymore than is necessary.
Old October 28th, 2015, 12:27 AM
RhinoRover
Andy
1986 D110

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
EFI? If so the pump is submerged and no prime is necessary. There is a filter mounted on the frame rail near the tank. It might be plugged. It also gives you another place to see if you are getting fuel there.

-Jeff
That's what I was going to try next. I was delaying the installation of a new filter so I guess this is a good excuse to just get it done, now. Thanks for the help.

Do you think it's possible that I need to put more fuel in the tank since it's new? Hate to do it in case I need to drop the tank in case of a faulty pump or something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 28th, 2015, 07:56 AM
Kevin88RRC
Kevin Keith
1988 RRC

Like Jeff said check before the filter and replace that old one.
Double check your plumbing to make sure you didn't switch the feed & return lines.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
fuel