New door build up questions - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 23rd, 2012, 12:06 AM
jayz
Jason Zolezzi
85 200tdi 110

New door build up questions

I guess Doug could answer this question since he just did a set but I am assuming a few people have done this. I have a line on a set of 2012 doors that are shells only for a pretty good price. How much of the parts on the older doors are re useable? Obviously I will be using new tracks but will the window regulators, handles and other odds and ends be recyclable? I am just trying to figure out if I should do this or just wait for a complete set to come up for sale somewhere.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 23rd, 2012, 09:37 PM
Talleyrand
John
1998 Defender 110 CSW 300Tdi

Registry
AFAIK there is not much that can be reused. The winder mechanisms are different as is the whole frame and so the cards mount differently. Maybe you could adapt older door cards but might as well just get complete doors IMHO.

Cheers,
John
Old September 23rd, 2012, 10:09 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
The doors I built were new second row doors which suck more than fronts. According to John Craddocks site you can use guts from early front doors in the new style shells but not vice versa,

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 23rd, 2012, 10:41 PM
jayz
Jason Zolezzi
85 200tdi 110

looks like I am going to hold out and keep the search going for some complete doors. I really only need the second row but I am afraid the new second row doors will make the older fronts look like crap. I may just end up getting some decent older second row doors, the new ones would be nice but I am not sure its worth the money and hassle to replace all four if it's not necessary.

Thanks Guys, Jason

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
door