New Cummins Diesel Engine - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 4th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Viton
Deaf Ember
Smart 4x4

New Cummins Diesel Engine

http://www.truckinginfo.com/channel/...ge-trucks.aspx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 5th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Jpayne
Jeff Payne
'83 110 3 Door

Registry
I saw that on a Titan forum the other day. I'll definitely be considering the 2015 model.
Old October 5th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Broncoduecer
peter
D90

I hope these manufacturers actually deliver on one of these. I don't know how long ford and Chevy have been talking about this and it's always two years out. I am glad to see dodge actually coming out with one this year.

If this is real, that would give Nissan a lot more consideration to people who normally wouldn't go for that brand. Seems like it might actually happen this time. That's awesome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 5th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Viton
Deaf Ember
Smart 4x4

Size wise, I think it would fit in or engine bay .... then for the drive train ?????
Old October 5th, 2013, 02:53 PM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Wonder what the weight is. Ive owned a couple Cummins Rams and they were not good at all in mud or deep snow. And they ate bushings for lunch.

Might be worth it if the premium is less than $3k or so. Anymore than that and the non-heavy hauler won't want to pay that premium and the premium at the pumps. And for the haulers, they'll stay addicted to the HD pickups and pay the $10k premium for 850 LB FT. IMO
Old October 5th, 2013, 07:49 PM
JFD
Julien Dalbin
05 Tdi 90

That would be a good fit for a D2 I guess.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
diesel, engine