New Bulkhead - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 9th, 2007, 02:29 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

New Bulkhead

To those that have replaced a bulkhead, what are the current bulkheads that rover is selling? Do they have the NAS brackets? What mods need to be done? (BTW this is using 1993 110 NAS bulkhead stuff bolted onto a new bulkhead)

Ron
Advertisement

Old July 10th, 2007, 06:36 AM
junkyddog11
oil soaked filter
95 RRC 300tdi

Not sure what you refer to as "NAS brackets" but all the bulkheads I've had recently (a dozen or so) have been set up for about anything I've ever seen bracket wise......V8, Tdi etc. and the brackets for the latest (Td5) style dash, which can be modified easily for the older style and is the only modification I have been doing other than galvanizing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
new expansion complete. Not only are we the only Rover shop in Eliot Maine...now we're also the biggest.

"Dedicated to the resurrection of junk through engineering?"
Old July 10th, 2007, 08:42 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Just like above.. You have to just move a few brackets from the NAS unit and put them on the new one. Also maybe drill a few holes for wiring or something. Very easy.
Advertisement

Old July 11th, 2007, 06:34 AM
junkyddog11
oil soaked filter
95 RRC 300tdi

Haven't had to add any brackets or drill any holes, actually had to cut a few things off......it's all there....and then some.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
new expansion complete. Not only are we the only Rover shop in Eliot Maine...now we're also the biggest.

"Dedicated to the resurrection of junk through engineering?"
Old July 11th, 2007, 03:09 PM
evilfij
evilfij

Ok, good to know. I wanted to know if I had to transfer the NAS V8 brackets. Mike at LR West Chester is getting some in and since he is local and great to work with I am going to pick one up and have him sublet the painting and I wanted to make it correct before sending it to be sprayed (no place around here to galvanize it).

Ron
Old July 11th, 2007, 08:50 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

If you are going truly "stock" NAS 110 that exact bulkhead is NLA.
Easy to use an EFI replacement though, but you will need to make some changes. The hole for the EFI harness is not there, nor is the cabin recirc. opening for the heater and a few other minor bits. As far as the major fit, it will fit, but there are small changes needed to be made to run some of the NAS 110 stock equipment. All easy to see when you compare the 2 bulkheads side by side.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old July 12th, 2007, 08:47 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

Yup, they are ventless due to the way the HVAC system works, but there is still one part # bulkhead that works in that application. I'll try and dig it up. That bulkhead does not have the EFI set up on it though (the bracket for the maxi-fuse box and the air cleaner mount), and it is missing a few holes. But with a little "cut and paste" you can make it "correct" for an NAS 110.

But... I sure as @$@& would suggest that you skip all that NAS 110 AC/ heat BS and install the later model parts. It makes everything work better and makes the right bulkhead much easier to source.

So the short answer is bulkhead for a "modified/ updated" NAS 110... easy.
Bulkhead for a truly "all stock" NAS 110... doable, but not available "off the shelf".

Old July 12th, 2007, 09:48 AM
evilfij
evilfij

Mike et al.

Thanks for the input. I have a bunch of vents floating around so that is not a big deal, but I should get them primed now for paint. My plan was to fit the NAS 110 HVAC and not spend the $$$$ for a new AC and heaterbox so it looks like I will have to cut a few holes and fabricate a way to lock the vents closed. Oh course, with land rover these days Mike is not even sure what bulkheads are showing up.

Ron
Old July 13th, 2007, 02:19 AM
Shane@EVS
Roverhybrids

So with the NLA NAS D110 bulkhead does that mean I could trade my NOS NAS D110 bulkhead for a running and drivable NAS D90?
Old July 13th, 2007, 10:31 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

I think you'd be SOL in trying to trade your NOS NAS bulkhead for an NAS 90. Someone might jump for that trade PDQ, but you'd likely end up with a POS NAS 90 and be wishing you still had your NOS NAS bulkhead while you sat around and said WTF. It all sound like a big PITA.

Seriously though... an hour with a welder and a new cheap bulkhead is suddenly NAS 110 spec.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions