Defender Source Forum banner

New BFG AT T/A KO2 quality? Other choices?

Tags
bfg
3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Ray_G 
#1 ·
I have had great luck with the old BFG A/T tires and had planned to purchase the new KO2.

Looking at BFG's website to see what size I wanted to go with I noticed they have a bunch of reviews that are rating them one star out of 5 with a consistent theme of the tires only getting around 20K miles and wearing really fast.

https://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/tire/bf-goodrich/all-terrain-t-a-ko2

Anyone have a recent set and experience accelerated wear?

So now I am rethinking my choice.... 90% road 10% easy off-road trails

Cooper STT / MAXX?
Wangler duratrack?

Or?

#3 ·
I have KO2 on my truck in 265/75. I am really happy with them. I don't do a lot of off roading, just some beach driving. We don't have any mud around here. On the beach I air down to 20 psi. On the road they handle really nice and don't make much noise. I have Cooper AT3 on my Xterra that I like as well. In the future I might go for BFG MT's just because they look "tougher" but I am really happy.

My buddy has the Cooper STT on his Tacoma and he really likes them. They look tough too.

#5 ·
Read the reviews on Tirerack.com. They appear more balanced, but also have conflicting opinions on wear with some saying they wear quickly and others saying they are long lasting.

#8 ·
BFG Commercial TA Traction

I went with the BFG Commercial TA Tractions and am very happy. Mostly on road with some light dirt, gravel and sand off road. Great in rain, bit loud sometimes, but that isn't really a concern here...

#10 ·
I have almost 35k miles on my 17 month old 255 KM2's (on 110), they still have plenty of usable tread left. Two of the sidewalls have some nice slices in them, and the tread is chunking a little but they are still usable. I can't imagine how you could get less than 30k miles on AT's.

#11 ·
Don't have too many miles on my LR3's KO2's but love them. Superior to the KO's for sure in terms of ride quality. That may result in wear quicker but I default to the OJ long term review on them (I think it was OJ) and I don't have any regrets nor concerns. So long as the tires are balanced and the truck is aligned, rotate them and I think you'll find them to be superb.
r-
Ray

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.