Need suspension advice - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 19th, 2006, 11:01 PM
fleabus
Dan
None :(

Need suspension advice

I am about to install an ARB/XD9000 and it is time to upgrade the suspension. This is my daily driver and occasional offroad vehicle, so on-road comfort is a major factor. I am looking to put together a 2" lift with fox shocks, but I am not sure which springs to go with (RTE, OME, etc.).

Also, I noticed RTE sells rear shock mounts, but not sure about the front (eye mounts on the fox shocks, right?). I've seen a lot of recent posts about shock mounts, but what is the best way to mount the fronts?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

-Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 20th, 2006, 08:46 AM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

Mine is my only truck and I've had no complaints from the OME springs I put on after the bumper and winch install. I've got eye to eye on the rear using the RTE mounts. I bought a pair of D2 shock towers and will talk to steve at RTE about a set of lower eyelet mounts for the front when I finaly have some spare cash.
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old January 20th, 2006, 09:18 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
RYM 2" RR4's I believe will do you solid in the front and RR3's in the back. Great spring and no sag. I woul dlook into the rockware rear shock mounts. you could run a 14" shock then and they come with the lower mounts also for eye to eye setups.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions