Need pics of 110 with sliders - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 6th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Question Need pics of 110 with sliders

I"m going to be installing a tool box under my floor board, and want to see where attachment points are for sliders. Can someone with a 110 with sliders take some pics underneath from me, and measure distance between the attachment points if they are likely to interfere?

The box will be roughly 2'L x 1'W x 7"D and will bolt through the lid underneath.

Graham Jackson of Overland Journal did this, and I thought it was a fantastic idea. Perfectly protected by the frame.

Follow-up Post:

Graham's pics he sent me included
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Oil Box 1.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	21981   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oil Box 3.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	21982  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 7th, 2009, 12:14 AM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Hey Mark,

Very cool idea. I am not sure but I think each brand attaches a little differently. Mine are from Scorpion Racing and they attach at only 3 points. One to the bulkhead bolt in front and the other 2 to the rear outriggers. Mine does not have a bracket to the chassis rail. My truck is currently in pieces for a frame swap so my sliders are off. These are the attachment points for my slider. I thought you were going to install something like this and access it through the floor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0460-1.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	192.0 KB
ID:	22004  
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Old October 7th, 2009, 12:25 AM
D90user
steve
109/110 ambulance-55 series I

I have the exact same setup (actually Graham made it). and it works quite well. Let me know if you need info.

When my oil cooler lines blew in the middle of nowhere in southern Bolivia, having a complete change of oil, plus more was essential for getting us out.

BTW, I noticed after many many thousands of miles on dirt tracks dirt actually worked its way in to the oil through the caps. Only the ones that were a smidgen loose got dirt but worth thinking about. I tape them now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 7th, 2009, 12:39 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren

Registry
I had been searching for truck boxes for a while that would fit the right dimensions, but they were all to deep, then some accidental stumbling on ebay led me to ATV boxes, which are all about a half foot deep. This one looks perfect. http://www.mooseutilities.com/produc..._group_id=4864

it even has the locking latch on the side which I wanted, a weatherseal and a strut. if I bolt the lid to the bottom of my floor pan, it should be perfect.

Moose Brand Aluminum ATV Front box
Attached Images

Old October 7th, 2009, 05:25 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDSUX
Hey Mark,

Very cool idea. I am not sure but I think each brand attaches a little differently. Mine are from Scorpion Racing and they attach at only 3 points. One to the bulkhead bolt in front and the other 2 to the rear outriggers. Mine does not have a bracket to the chassis rail. My truck is currently in pieces for a frame swap so my sliders are off. These are the attachment points for my slider. I thought you were going to install something like this and access it through the floor.
I missed the arrows in your pic last night (went through your links instead) but now I see what you are talking about. In your side view with the arrows, can you or someone tell me what the distances are between the two widest arrows? that's likely my real constraint.

Also, where did you find that floor box?
Old October 7th, 2009, 08:12 AM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Hey Mark,

The bulkhead of the 110 sits behind the front out rigger. The clearance I got this morning is 39 inches from the bulkhead pillar to the second outrigger. If you measure the distance between just the 2 outrigger it is around 41 inches.

The floorbox is from northern tools.

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Old October 7th, 2009, 11:52 AM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Hey Mark,

Found this on DividingCreekRover Import's sight. Hope they don't mind a link to it. Look on page 82-83 for more info:

http://dividingcreekroverimports.com..._WSM_book4.pdf

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
110, slide