Need Mechanic near Shepherdstown, WV - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 22nd, 2007, 07:17 PM
Dudley Hawkins
Need Mechanic near Shepherdstown, WV

I am new to the area and having a problem with my 1994 Defender 90. I drove it a couple of weeks ago with no problems. I went to start it on Sunday morning and it will not start. Lights work and do not dim and when attemoting to start it just clicks. I think it is the starter. The closest LR dealer is 60 miles away and I can not imagine what towing would cost. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dudley Hawkins

Old January 22nd, 2007, 08:14 PM
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor
If it clicks that points to a weak battery or a bad starter solenoid.
Try a jump start, or a different battery at first if you aren't near any tools to diagnose the issue. Worst case jump start it (push it/ tow it and pop the clutch). Lots of cold weather around and it turns up a weak battery in short order. If you can't get it running join AAA plus and you can get 100 miles towing for the roughly 25. join up fee.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old January 23rd, 2007, 09:02 AM
1994 RRC SWB
Also check with the Blue Ridge LR club and see if those guys have a good contact.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions