Need input on fuel rail removal - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 5th, 2013, 03:33 PM
flananuts
Matthew
LRC Customs #003 D110 Soft Top

Registry
Need input on fuel rail removal

I started the tear down for a valley pan gasket removal and I have to remove the fuel rail to remove injector harnesses. The motor is a 3.9l in a 94 d90. Questions are:

1. Once the fuel lines, four bolts, and clips are removed, how hard or easy should it be to remove the rail?
2. With it apart does it make sense to do new injectors? If yes are there suggestions for injectors other than OEM?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 5th, 2013, 04:16 PM
maleger
Marc-Andre Leger
94D90 CDN#18 http://rover.leger.ca

Registry
I bought rebuilt injectors on ebay for about 100$, but have not installed them yet. I'm interested in reading how to remove the fuel rail. I have not figured that out from the manual yet...
Old July 5th, 2013, 04:24 PM
flananuts
Matthew
LRC Customs #003 D110 Soft Top

Registry
So i have removed the four bolts(well only 3) that hold the rail to the manifold and have disconnected the fuel lines as well as the injector harness. Based on the angle of the injectors and rails it looks like some pressure applied inward will do the trick, however I'm hoping for a helping hand before I go and add to the expense of the job.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 5th, 2013, 05:42 PM
JFD
Julien Dalbin
05 Tdi 90

Pull, just pull. Gentle but firm.

You can clean you injectors at home:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-842766336.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	531.8 KB
ID:	75435  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
fuel