Need help with D90 engine problem - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 9th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Chris Cox
Chris Cox
94 D90 SW, 300tdi

Question Need help with D90 engine problem

I need help with an engine problem I am having on my 97 SW. I picked it up today from the body shop, where it has been for 5 weeks. I checked the oil and let it run and get warmed up good before driving. On the way home, the oil pressure light came on, and the truck started running like crap. It lost power, like it was running on about 4 cylinders. I limped to a gas station to check the oil again, which was fine. After a few minutes, I cranked the truck, and everything was fine. This is really starting to bug me, as this has happened a few times before, but the oil pressure light never came on. I realize that I will need an engine in the near future, as the one I am running has 190,000 miles on it, but I don't want to pull the one I have until absolutely necessary, since my project 90 has pretty much depleted the rover fund. Thanks for any help.

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 9th, 2004, 03:57 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Could be the ECU. Do you have another ECU that you could swap in? The oil pressure light will also come on if the RPMs drop real low ( 200 to 300 RPM).
Old January 9th, 2004, 06:11 PM
Chris Cox
Chris Cox
94 D90 SW, 300tdi

Mike, I don't have a spare ECU. I do know that the truck had a coil-pack replaced under warranty, only after about 5 attempts at diagnosing a rough running engine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 10th, 2004, 08:41 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Did the ECU throw any codes? If it was running that bad I think if the ECU was working correctly it would show a code to piont you the right direction.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, d90, engine