Need help 1300 miles from home - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old June 14th, 2009, 10:10 PM
david summers
99 Discovery II
Well, we have made it to Lake Havasu City, AZ. Started miss firing at hwy speeds, when it got really hot. Only stalled once, right before we turned to go to the hotel. A guy tugged me into the parking lot, but the vehicle restarted less than 5 min later. Was able to put a spark tester on right after it stalled. Sure enough, no spark to the dizzy from the coil. So, I'm figuring its the ignition module. Have been reading here about some after market ones. Has anyone used one of generic ones that did not have to adjust the timing? If so, any tips AND the part number would be more than welcome. Not sure what stores are here in town, but I did see a NAPA store on the way to the hotel.

BTW - What are the chances its the coil? And how could I find out, other than replacing the coil and having the problem NOT go away?

Old July 26th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team
David did you ever resolve this?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions