Need defender body work in NV, CA, or UT - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 2nd, 2011, 12:57 PM
pacificwildfire
William
94 d90

Need defender body work in NV, CA, or UT

Not really tech, but I felt it was most appropriate here. My defender needs a tub side, tub rear section, and outer wing skin replaced. I can't find a local body shop that will give me a quote. I have accumulated all of the parts, thanks to Safari HP.

Any one have any recommendations in the NV, Nor Cal or UT area? I have tried contacting rover hybrids, but I have not gotten a response.

Out of curiosity, has anyone had a run of the mill body shop do work on your defender?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 3rd, 2011, 12:14 PM
pacificwildfire
William
94 d90

Has anyone had a tub side replaced at a body shop? If so, do you remember your cost?
Old November 3rd, 2011, 02:34 PM
Viton
Deaf Ember
Smart 4x4

Doesn't your local dealer, Scott Motors on So. Virginia street, do repairs? If not I'd ask them for a reference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 3rd, 2011, 05:41 PM
pacificwildfire
William
94 d90

They don't. When the economy tanked, they closed their own body shop. I walked in their about a week ago, and the service writer wasn't familiar with the Defender model. She suggested I take it to the local chevrolet dealership (I am not sure why). I have since gone to 3 other body shops, 2 of which wouldn't touch it because they don't deal with aluminum, the third gave me a written quote of 1400 to replace one tub side and an outer wing skin. When I went to drop it off to have the work done, they said the quote was way to low, and I was looking at 5 to 6 times their original quote.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 06:01 PM
Viton
Deaf Ember
Smart 4x4

How about asking the people at Sport Haus on So Virgina, they deal with some exotic stuff. Aren't Discovery I's aluminum?

Might want to join up AZLRO.com and put the question too some of their members or the Vegas LR club.There's also an LR club in northern CA who's members might know some sources. Also that wrecker in Rancho Cordova may have some leads, 916-638-7575

Also look at this thread.
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=33256
Old November 3rd, 2011, 06:06 PM
pacificwildfire
William
94 d90

I haven't thought about sport haus, but I will try them when I return home. I guess my question is: What is a reasonable price to pay for a tub side and wing skin replacement?
Old November 10th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Ray Bone
Ray Bone
defender.

Did you try Kensington motor in las Vegas? I know it's kind of far from reno, I have good experience there!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
body