Need advice on my 84 D110 gas tank (also 97-00 rrc classic) - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old October 12th, 2016, 12:54 PM
flananuts
Matthew
LRC Customs #003 D110 Soft Top

Registry
Need advice on my 84 D110 gas tank (also 97-00 rrc classic)

The Proline tank I bought from RoversNorth has 3 emission vents/tubes that come out near the front of the tank on the same side as the filler neck. I would like to use one of those as my pickup tube for a webasto air top heater. Seeing that I can't look into the interior of the tank anymore, do any or all of those tubes extend down to the bottom of the tank? I have an alternate plan to draw from the fuel line post sedimenter but would love to use one of those lines coming out of the tank.

Any advice is truly appreciated.

Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 12th, 2016, 01:06 PM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Matt:
You'll need to verify that the tubes go all the way to the bottom of the tank.
You can do this by trying to draw fuel out when you have about 1/8 tank of fuel.
If you can get a steady flow, then you can use the tube, if not then you can't.

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 12th, 2016, 03:32 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
93' NAS 110- #234

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by flananuts View Post
The Proline tank I bought from RoversNorth has 3 emission vents/tubes that come out near the front of the tank on the same side as the filler neck. I would like to use one of those as my pickup tube for a webasto air top heater. Seeing that I can't look into the interior of the tank anymore, do any or all of those tubes extend down to the bottom of the tank? I have an alternate plan to draw from the fuel line post sedimenter but would love to use one of those lines coming out of the tank.

Any advice is truly appreciated.

Matt
Nope . those are breather lines for emissions collections as well as tank breather. Do you have an electric in tank pump?

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old October 12th, 2016, 04:19 PM
flananuts
Matthew
LRC Customs #003 D110 Soft Top

Registry
NO electric pump, draws from the side and returns in the top. Thanks Mark and Robert. I'll just plumb in at the sedimenter to get my diesel.
Old October 12th, 2016, 04:26 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
93' NAS 110- #234

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by flananuts View Post
NO electric pump, draws from the side and returns in the top. Thanks Mark and Robert. I'll just plumb in at the sedimenter to get my diesel.
that's how i have my webasto, but if you did want to go direct you have a few options. since you clearly have a diesel sender unit with pickup, and pipe on top for the return, you can actually return through one of the side pipes and use the pipe on top to draw your webasto fuel since it has a pickup that runs to the bottom of the tank. you can also drop your tank, and drill another hole in the top return plate to add a proper size webasto pickup tube (accessory).

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
110, 97, advice, classic, d110, gas, gas tank