NAS Title - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 2nd, 2014, 11:09 PM
rayfi
Derek Moeller

NAS Title

I have a salvage NAS D90 bulkhead with the EPA sticker and Vin plate. I just received word from the Oregon DMV that they will not title a previously dismantled vehicle unless you are the original owner ( which i am not). Does anyone know if there are any states that will title a previously "dismantled" vehicle. I hate to think this vin will not get used by someone.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 2nd, 2014, 11:17 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayfi View Post
I have a salvage NAS D90 bulkhead with the EPA sticker and Vin plate. I just received word from the Oregon DMV that they will not title a previously dismantled vehicle unless you are the original owner ( which i am not). Does anyone know if there are any states that will title a previously "dismantled" vehicle. I hate to think this vin will not get used by someone.....
Leaving rhody but they give 0 shits about this kind of stuff. I bet you could get it registered here and then 'sold' back to you
Old December 3rd, 2014, 05:26 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

That is crazy. How do they know it was "dismantled"? Maine will register a toaster.
Advertisement

Old December 3rd, 2014, 07:41 AM
rankar
Randy
97 SW #2236 (Maggie)

Registry
I think Montana would be a better bet for you
Old December 3rd, 2014, 02:30 PM
rayfi
Derek Moeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
That is crazy. How do they know it was "dismantled"? Maine will register a toaster.
They do a nation wide search on the Vin and it came up listed as "dismantled".
Old December 3rd, 2014, 05:08 PM
chuckc4
chuck b

I can see why Oregon would give you trouble titling a bulked—don't get me wrong, but I think all Departments of Motor Vehicles (Maine excluded) deal with complete vehicles. Now, if there is a D 90 attached to that bulkhead....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayfi View Post
Old December 3rd, 2014, 05:36 PM
DefenderMd
Ben
87 defender 110 3 door

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
Yea, down here in maryland, anything without a steering wheel is registered in maine. Commercial and private. You will rarely see a DPR-maryland titled trailer. Never a commercial one.

I hear these horror stories. My rover almost had a similar one.. turned out, the guy behind the desk has a lot of leeway when it comes to knowing his job or applying regulations evenly.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions