NAS D90 ST cage - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 22nd, 2010, 02:02 PM
Macker
Mack Crouch
1988 110 LS 5.3

Registry
Question NAS D90 ST cage

Hello, I'm wondering if someone can tell me how the b-pillar hoop is attached to the underbody bar, and how the underbody bar is tied to the frame. Don't have d-90 around to check and it's hard to tell with the full padding over the cage in pictures. I'm starting to make a roll cage for my series and was wondering how the NAS cage was tied to the frame at the b and c pillars. So far I've searched and studied for sale pictures of d90's but haven't gotten my answer. Any help/pictures would be appreciated, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 22nd, 2010, 03:30 PM
diesel_jim
Jamie Austin
1992 110 Td5 CSW & 1989 MB G-Wagen

A few pics that may help. in sort, there' s "U" kind of shaped bar that bolts under/behind the seatbox which then comes up through the front of the rear tub:

http://www.eastcoastrover.com/156/15.jpg

You can see the "U" piece here: (well, just see it anyway...)

http://www.terrafirma4x4.com/product...cat=20&grp=317

Not sure if i've got any pics of the SD cage i fitted to by 90, i'll look....
Old November 22nd, 2010, 05:32 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

In addition to what Jamie said, on a NAS D90 (soft top or POE) the vertical bar in that picture extends up throught the capping and goes inside the padded bar (in the case of a soft top) or just goes up through the bottom of the aluminium top (on a POE).

The picture from ECR show it terminate under the cappings (which is a perfectly reasonable thing to do on an aluminum hardtop vehicle).
Advertisement

Old November 22nd, 2010, 08:45 PM
Macker
Mack Crouch
1988 110 LS 5.3

Registry
Suprised I didn't come across that picture before. Looks like that white defender has an external cage but I get the idea. If anyone does come across any closer up ST pics I would appreciate it. Thanks for the help.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, cage, d90, nas