NAS D110 Headliner Question - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 5th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

NAS D110 Headliner Question

So, it has been a little while since I took the headliner out and I know I'll figure it out myself once I lay all the pieces out, but what order do you have to install the 3 big pieces?

Thanks guys!
Advertisement

Old November 5th, 2008, 10:49 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Just a bunch of big white round christmas tree fasteners right? I think I used some generic ones, but it took a couple tries to find the right size.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old November 5th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Yeah, thats what it uses...just shelled out for those guys today. Do you remember what order the panels go in though? I was trying to see from the pictures on ECR's website, but couldn't get a good look.
Advertisement

Old November 6th, 2008, 10:39 AM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

IIRC, front, rear, middle. Or rear, front, middle. Shouldn't matter as long as the middle is last. Put in new style lights at the same time (one per section). I can send pics if you need them.

Andrew, things have changed and the 90 has got to go. You still interested?

"Fossil Fuel Rapid Disposal Unit"
Old November 6th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

I'm definitely interested, but I have to finish my 110 and get it sold to afford it.

I'm making good headway now, and hope to have it together in a month or so. I bought the new lights, out of curiosity, how did you mount them, did you put a rivnut into that strengthener to mount the backing plate or what?
Old November 6th, 2008, 11:01 AM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

Gotcha. Git er done! We'll miss ya at happy hour this Friday.

First, I made a template for the headliner cutouts. The backing plate must make good contact to the roof rib as that's your ground (for the always on switch position). So, after cutting the holes in the newly re-covered headliner (scary!), I duct taped the backing plate to the headliner to hold it in position. The tape is just to hold it in position while moving the headliner piece around. Then, once you get the headliner piece into position, put a self-tapping screw through the backing plate and into the roof rib. Once the backing plate is securely fastened to the roof rib, you can remove the headliner and remove the temporary tape (or leave it). That make sense?

If you put a light on the front headliner piece, there's no roof rib to screw to and you must run a separate ground wire to the backing plate.

Old November 6th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Yeah, I'm coming out to visit next weekend, but it looks like I've got stuff going on every night already, I might be free Sunday though if you guys wanted to grab a drink somewhere 2 weeks in a row! (of course I'll have to borrow one of my buddy's cars though, which shouldn't be a problem).

Good idea with the tape, I was trying to figure out how I was going to do that. If you mount the front light where ECR does isn't there a rib right above that or is it too far away from the headliner?
Old November 6th, 2008, 12:08 PM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

Unfortunately I'm driving to New Mexico next weekend. Post up over in the HH thread. Maybe some of the others guys will hook up with you. Sorry to miss you.

I put mine pretty far forward and there's no metal behind it.

Here's some pics:
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...3&postcount=12

Old November 6th, 2008, 12:15 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stmpede
If you mount the front light where ECR does isn't there a rib right above that or is it too far away from the headliner?
Its a factory location for the front int. light. There are no issues putting it there, nothing in the way. The front one attaches to the headliner only and the rear one attaches to the headliner and the roof itself.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
110, d110, nas