So I ordered a 1990-1994 RRC 3.9L PROM (PRM3652) chip on eBay for $100 from Land Rover Dallas and I swapped it out today.
Followed the directions at:
It was easy peasy.
Here's the ECU board once I swapped the chips:
She runs like a champ now. Feels like more changed than just the lack of speed limit (which is confirmed gone). She accelerates all the way up to 70 mph with all the throttle response I need in the first 1/4 of throttle.
Overall very happy with the decision to go with the 4.43 R/P since the only daily driving I do is local streets and not long stretches of highway everyday... Starts from a stop in 2nd gear no prob. Only highway I do is to/from the trails and like I said before, I'm never really in a hurry... At least now I've got that extra 5-10 mph to oomph past a truck on an uphill grade when I need it... And when I don't, at least I'm not bouncing off the speed limiter when I'm cruisin at 65 (89 indicated)
Perhaps a VDO Speedo upgrade is my next project.
Thanks everyone for your help!