4K views 50 replies 14 participants last post by  bjf 
#1 ·
So,

I read this:

http://www.eastcoastrover.com/signalconditioner.html

and I pull the signal conditioner.

Then I see this:

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/showpost.php?p=225964&postcount=1

And I buy a 94 (I think, date stamp is 3793 ie July 3, 1993) gauge from Davis.

And I buy a 94/95 sender from RN for $30.

I swapped the gauge, but the old gauge looks exactly like the one I took out (can't quite see the sticker to read the part number, but it looks close and no date stamp). Are the internals different or did I spend money buying something I already had?

TYIA.

Ron

See less See more
#41 ·
Ha!!! Well I went back and forth on what to do with the gauge. I wanted to keep it genuine but it was 50 for the gauge and sender or 200 for the genuine. I have seen the VDO in a couple trucks (pics) and it looks good. I know it is going to light up different but I will live with it. At least the brand is the same as the other gauges. I don't think I could mentally swallow changing the other gauges especially the speedometer/odometer. I mean I still want to sell the truck so I know if I was looking I would never want one with a changed odometer.

Carpet does suck bad in a ST.

#43 ·
Hey I am a big fan of customization I just like factory crap. The gauge though will be nice. My engine was rebuilt and I recorred the radiator but something tells me the gauge reading at 1/3 all the time is bullshit

#46 ·
Anyone who has done this in a 110. Couple things:
I assume you had to change the connectors on the light bulb to hook it up.
When you removed the signal conditioner did you have to change the connectors?
Which wire is positive and which is negative
What method did you use to wire the ground

thanks

#50 ·
man I've been avoiding this mod on my 110, I figure I don't have any overheating issues yet (hope I don't) cuz I bleed it and fill it right but I guess its now on my to do list.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.