""cough" bullshit "cough""
They were painted before they went in.
The old ones came out easy because they were rusted, and, as I recall I was able to break the center post off.
I got there about and we (the two of us) worked for about 3 hours (6 man hours total), 2 for the first one and 1 for the second one once we figured out how to get the rivits out without spinning them with the drill.
It was sean roche's 109 (crazyfish on D-90). It was written up in LRM, in fact, there may even be pictures. Maybe three hours is a bit light, but it did not take long. Door allignment I am sure was not up to ECR standards, but it shut well enough. I don't have the body shop book, but I am sure that would give a fair estimate for potential costs. My only point is it is not a "huge DIY job" (ie changing a bulkhead is a huge DIY job). Then we ate dry rub ribs.
It would be a bit more work on a D110 because of the seatbelts (the ones in the corner on the seatbox suck to remove).
*not legal advice*