NAS 110 Slow starting! - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 16th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Architect
David Crumley
NAS D90

NAS 110 Slow starting!

My nas 110 is slow to start (about 8-10 revolutions) before firing. I've replaced the following- new fuel pump, plugs, plug wires, dizzy cap & rotor, fuel filter and fuel temp. sensor. The starter is strong and turns it over well. I have to push down on the gas peddle to help it fire off. The new fuel pump runs when I turn the key half way but continues to run non stop. I think myD 90 stops after a brief while. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can fix this slow starting 110?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 16th, 2010, 03:35 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Probably a leaky injector or two in my experience.

Turn the key to the position where the fuel pump runs, but the starter does not turn and leave it there for a few seconds before pushing it all the way. If that makes it easier to start, then you are losing pressure in the fuel line and it is likely a leaky injector (could be the check valve/regulator thing).

Next guess would be weak spark from a bad ignition module, silver relay on the way out etc.
Old June 16th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Architect
David Crumley
NAS D90

Thanks evilfig.

Just left the truck. Waiting at half key position doesn't help. Once it starts if I turn it off it will quickly restart. Again that fuel pump just keeps on running at half key. What about the fuel pressure regulator?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
110, nas, nas 110, start, starting