Defender Source Forum banner

NAS 110 Slow starting!

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Architect 
#1 ·
My nas 110 is slow to start (about 8-10 revolutions) before firing. I've replaced the following- new fuel pump, plugs, plug wires, dizzy cap & rotor, fuel filter and fuel temp. sensor. The starter is strong and turns it over well. I have to push down on the gas peddle to help it fire off. The new fuel pump runs when I turn the key half way but continues to run non stop. I think myD 90 stops after a brief while. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can fix this slow starting 110?

#2 ·
Probably a leaky injector or two in my experience.

Turn the key to the position where the fuel pump runs, but the starter does not turn and leave it there for a few seconds before pushing it all the way. If that makes it easier to start, then you are losing pressure in the fuel line and it is likely a leaky injector (could be the check valve/regulator thing).

Next guess would be weak spark from a bad ignition module, silver relay on the way out etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.