Defender Source Forum banner

NAS 110 fan replacements recommendations

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  emah 
#1 · (Edited)
I need to replace my fans and the parts are no longer available. Looking for recommendations on what to replace with...New aftermarket or used part and source for parts?
I might as well evaporator too. I was told it is possible to put 2 aftermarket fans but I have no idea what to look for. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Ed
Ps I wasn't able to find anything when I search Dsource.

Also noticed behind my grille there is a metal mesh grill is that stick? Looks like I have to remove brush bar to access fans?

#2 · (Edited)
I have a zirgo 16in 3600cfm electric fan Fits perfectly. I use a mishimoto thread in style temp sensor and adjustable fan relay with a ebay 26mm? Fan temp sensor adapter.

I've had this set up for about 8 years on my truck in one form or another. If you do not want to build a kit piecemeal like mine there are lots of options for pre-made kits an electric fan conversions most are called:kenlowe

Edit: I just worked on guampilot's truck with him. He had this setup and it was well engineered/quality

http://www.revotec.com/acatalog/Land-Rover-Tailormade-Cooling-Kits.html

#4 ·
I have a zirgo 16in 3600cfm electric fan Fits perfectly. I use a mishimoto thread in style temp sensor and adjustable fan relay with a ebay 26mm? Fan temp sensor adapter.

I've had this set up for about 8 years on my truck in one form or another. If you do not want to build a kit piecemeal like mine there are lots of options for pre-made kits an electric fan conversions most are called:kenlowe

Edit: I just worked on guampilot's truck with him. He had this setup and it was well engineered/quality

Tailormade Cooling Kits for Land Rover
Matthew, does your 110 have 1 or 2 fans and an oil cooler in front of the radiator? The revotec with 2 fans might work but not sure about figment with the oil cooler. Which one did guampilot use?

------ Follow up post added July 20th, 2017 11:02 AM ------

What part are they claiming is NLA? Fans available viscous coupling ditto water pump....ditto
The 2 fans in front of the radiator that sandwich the oil cooler.

#5 ·
Mine and Guam pilots trucks are both diesels with no ac. And the oil cooler is built into the radiator. 3600 cfm set up as a puller is overwhelmingly enough for these engines. The v8 setup that revo makes is designed to replace the viscous water pump mounted fan and can be used in trucks with ac. You would have to buy the extra fan override switch so that it turns on when the ac clutch is engaged,they sell this as an option.

When talking revotech
Diesels = one
V8 = two

Or you can buy a piecemeal setup and run a seperate override circuit as well. When I build this setup the revotsch wasn't available. If I had the choice now I'd probably go with that.

Edit: it would be helpful if you posted pics of your setup

#9 ·
When I had a nas 110 I replaced those fans with exact duplicates from summit racing. Can't remember the part number but they were recommended on the board and literally the same. Search the board it will come up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.