NAS 110 dashboard panel - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 9th, 2014, 09:31 AM
rd10014
Ronnie
1993 NAS D110

Registry
NAS 110 dashboard panel

I need to get behind this to reconnect a new heater cable from the back of the lever to the top of the HVAC box (should I go behind the panel or take off the dash pad).

(Panel) For those who have experience in this, can you please let me know where the screw are to pop this this panel off (I only see the two on the side all the way on the right hand side). I was told there are screws inside the vents, I shined light in there and couldn't find anything.

I was told you don't need to take off the upper dashboard pad and that there are NO clips holding it in place but have received conflicting advise.

i couldn't find a search on this, any color here would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	90988  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 9th, 2014, 10:18 AM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd10014 View Post
I need to get behind this to reconnect a new heater cable from the back of the lever to the top of the HVAC box (should I go behind the panel or take off the dash pad). (Panel) For those who have experience in this, can you please let me know where the screw are to pop this this panel off (I only see the two on the side all the way on the right hand side). I was told there are screws inside the vents, I shined light in there and couldn't find anything. I was told you don't need to take off the upper dashboard pad and that there are NO clips holding it in place but have received conflicting advise. i couldn't find a search on this, any color here would be greatly appreciated.
Can it be replaced by removing the instrument binnacle ... That's much easier and not made of unobtanium ...
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old March 9th, 2014, 10:28 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

I have done three or four. There are screws behind the vents. I don't recall how many, but never do I recall being "why is this not coming off" so it must be fairly obvious. I always took off the dash top so I don't know if you can do it without it.
Advertisement

Old March 9th, 2014, 11:16 AM
madcowdungbeetle
Carter
1994 D90 on 37s supreme balla style

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
I have done three or four. There are screws behind the vents. I don't recall how many, but never do I recall being "why is this not coming off" so it must be fairly obvious. I always took off the dash top so I don't know if you can do it without it.
I also seem to remember there being one lone screw on the left side where the instrument cluster butts up to it.
Old March 9th, 2014, 11:26 AM
rd10014
Ronnie
1993 NAS D110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcowdungbeetle View Post
I also seem to remember there being one lone screw on the left side where the instrument cluster butts up to it.
Very helpful, It seems that there's only a few screws and the dash pad can stay in place. If anyone has any additional insight it would be greatly appreciated.
Old March 9th, 2014, 03:14 PM
61rover
John Crouse
'93 NAS D110 (#8) / '61 Series II

Registry
There's a really good how-to write up here:

http://www.defenderhelp.com/02-dash.html
Old March 9th, 2014, 04:26 PM
rd10014
Ronnie
1993 NAS D110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 61rover View Post
There's a really good how-to write up here:

http://www.defenderhelp.com/02-dash.html
This is it, thanks.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
110, dashboard, nas, dash, nas 110