NAS 110 AC Switch - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 9th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

NAS 110 AC Switch

Does anyone have a picture of how the NAS 110 AC switch mounts? I have the little metal bracket, but can't remember what/how that attaches. I think it attaches to the side or bottom of the heater control bracket, but can't figure out quite how. Does it only use one screw? I can't find a place with two holes/screws correctly positioned for it to mount to.

Thank you all.
Advertisement

Old December 9th, 2008, 11:11 PM
NashvilleRover
Dendy Jarrett
2009 LR3- Well Built

Andrew:

Are you talking about the little blue snow flake button that turns on the AC compressor in the NAS 110?

If so, mine is simply mounted through a small hole in the lower left of the temp levers on the right hand side of the instrument cluster.

Let me know if this is what you need help with, I can snap a picture ... if it ever stops raining here!!

Dendy
Old December 9th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

That is exactly what I am talking about, but it is actually held in place by a little bracket and just pokes through the hole in the dash. I don't know how that bracket mounts though as I took it apart about 3 years ago and I didn't take pics at the time...
Advertisement

Old December 9th, 2008, 11:55 PM
NashvilleRover
Dendy Jarrett
2009 LR3- Well Built

Geesh! I am not sure if I can look behind it or not without dismantling the dash.
Perhaps Mike at ECR could chime in here. I know he doesn't typically put the NAS dashes back in NAS 110's but I imagine, he has taken enough of them out!

Thanks
Dendy
Old December 10th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Yeah, I appreciate your offer to help Dendy, but you definitely can't see it without taking the dash apart. I know quite a few people here have dug into their NAS 110 dash's though, and was hoping someone would have a pic of it mounted. I thought I recalled seeing one in a thread on here, but I can't find it again for the life of me...

I would have just emailed Mike at ECR, but I have emailed him so much already, I feel bad. He has been incredibly helpful, but I know each email I send him is taking him away from stuff at work, and I don't like to keep bothering him.
Old February 16th, 2009, 12:38 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

How do you take apart the heater/air conditioning controls on a 110? My heat/air only works on high. I think it could just be dirty contacts. How do you pull this part of the dash apart?
Old February 16th, 2009, 03:50 AM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

First, you have to pull the cluster out, then the cowl piece that it mounts to. From there you may be able to reach it a little bit, but to really get to it you have to remove the large grey panel that has the vents and additional gauges. That has three screws in the two vents that are next to each other and the right hand one. You have to (carefully) remove the vents from the fascia, and then remove the three screw going into the upper dash support. I can't remember, but you may have to remove the right end cap/handle, which has a screw in the bottom and a bolt/machine screw behind the LR logo. I think that is it, but it should become relatively obvious as it starts to come apart.
Old February 16th, 2009, 11:24 AM
R. Kurk
Richard Kurk
1993 110 NAS #489

Andrew, I searched my archive of photos and found one of the inside of my 110's dash. The backside of the AC switch is in the lower left corner of the attached photo (see the red arrow). I hope this helps.

Rich K.

Follow-up Post:

Andrew, I just realized your original post goes back to December. My reply with the photo is VERY late. Sorry, somehow I missed the original post.

Rich K.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NAS 110 AC-Heater Switch Inside.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	17821  
Old February 17th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

No problem, I figured it out. I sort of thought all along that is what must happen because I saw those two holes in the fascia, but I really didn't remember removing the switch from it when I took it apart. Of course that was years ago! I appreciate the picture anyway, as it is a good reference for the future.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
110, ac, nas, nas 110, switch