NAS 110 AC Removal Questions - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 3rd, 2011, 06:44 PM
1993 D110
NAS 110 AC Removal Questions

I need to remove the A/C from my 110 as part of my restoration as my bulkhead is toast. Is there anything I need to know/do so as not to do any damage, or do I just start disconnecting stuff. Would prefer to keep in as few pieces as possible. I dont know what the issues are around freon or discharging the system. Although I rarely ran it, the A/C did blow cold. AC had been converted to R134 by PO. I plan to reinstall on the rebuild side of my project. Any pointers/advice would be appreciated.

Old January 3rd, 2011, 10:35 PM
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team
You _should_ have the system evacuated, but you might make a mistake and loosen a fitting and let it sit overnight. An HVAC guy might not touch it if it had one of thoes quickie 134a kits installed since it could still be contaminated with old refrigerant.

If you intend to reuse the system, be extra careful pulling the HVAC box off the bulkhead. Its gonna have tons of horrible sealant mixed with deteriorated foam on there and there are screws buried under all that. You'll shatter the housing if you just pull. Take your time, find all the screws, and use a putty knife as mich as necessary to gently get the thing off.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

110, ac, nas, nas 110