NAS 110 A/C Compressor Knocking - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 18th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Fred Lobster
Pete Gerbine, III
1993 110 (#451)

Registry
NAS 110 A/C Compressor Knocking

Coming home on a 2 hour trip from Dallas in 100+ degree Texas heat, my A/C compressor started knocking... Made the trip home, cooking with the windows down, and now trying to figure out my next step. I've talked to one shop that says everything needs to be replaced...compressor, dryers, condensers......and even stuff on the aftermarket rear auxiliary unit (I cannot find any info on that unit)...and lines flushed, etc. The rear unit is tied into the same compressor.

So I guess just putting in a new/used/rebuilt compressor is not recommended without changing and flushing everything out?

I have seen (online) the RN kit that mounts under the dash. Would that work off of my factory dash controls and the dash vents then just be used for heating? Doesn't it take up quite a bit of leg room...and is this a DIY kit?

Anyone needing to get rid of a '93 NAS 110 A/C compressor/system?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 19th, 2013, 12:16 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

I am planning on running a NAS D90 heater through the stock dash vents on a NAS 110. I would be happy is something worked on it so I had heat. The rest is gravy.

If you are ditching the NAS 110 AC and running the under dash, I would also ditch the big combined AC/heater box for a heater box.

I have a used NAS 110 compressor and I think I have a condensor.
Old September 19th, 2013, 08:26 AM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Lobster View Post
Coming home on a 2 hour trip from Dallas in 100+ degree Texas heat, my A/C compressor started knocking... Made the trip home, cooking with the windows down, and now trying to figure out my next step. I've talked to one shop that says everything needs to be replaced...compressor, dryers, condensers......and even stuff on the aftermarket rear auxiliary unit (I cannot find any info on that unit)...and lines flushed, etc. The rear unit is tied into the same compressor.

So I guess just putting in a new/used/rebuilt compressor is not recommended without changing and flushing everything out?

I have seen (online) the RN kit that mounts under the dash. Would that work off of my factory dash controls and the dash vents then just be used for heating? Doesn't it take up quite a bit of leg room...and is this a DIY kit?

Anyone needing to get rid of a '93 NAS 110 A/C compressor/system?
Likely complete BS ... Sounds like you'll just need a compressor rebuild ... I had mine done by a shop in FL .... took less than a week to turn it round and cost $176.50 . I would also replace the drier at the same time ... but that was only about $30 more.

Air Parts,Inc.
1133 N. Magnolia Avenue
Ocala Fl 34475

352-732-0720 talk to Jon
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
110, ac, compressor, nas, nas 110