nas 110 a/c blowing hot - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 12th, 2013, 10:33 AM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssi19 View Post
Sorry to hijack the thread but I have a related question. Mine blow cold for ten minutes then gradually starts to warm. Even when idling. Any ideas what this could be?
If you get bored and venture out to north Jersey, I can take a look. Hook up gauges and see what's going on. Pm me if interested, I am about 8 miles from GWB

Old June 12th, 2013, 10:30 PM
ssi19
scott
1995/D90

Wow thanks TJ. If I can peel away from the kids I'll take u up. Ps. I have a D90. Not sure if that matters. Take care.
Old June 12th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Sorry to hijack the thread but I have a related question. Mine blow cold for ten minutes then gradually starts to warm. Even when idling. Any ideas what this could be?
Sounds like the heater is heating up once the engine gets warm. Make sure the heater valve is closed. You can see if the heater hoses are hot.

Land Rover. Turning owners into mechanics since 1948.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 12th, 2013, 10:41 PM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Quote:
Wow thanks TJ. If I can peel away from the kids I'll take u up. Ps. I have a D90. Not sure if that matters. Take care.
The causes for your issue could be too little freon or the system is overcharged or the expansion valve is bad. The average system has both a high and low compressor cut out. You will know if you are undercharged by seeing bubbles in the sight glass of the receiver dryer. You won't see them if you are overcharged, but a high side gauge will indicate too much pressure by overcharging or by the bad expansion valve.

The most common problem is loss of freon and being undercharged as a result, but John will know when he connects the gauges.

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

"What's with this death wobble, Uncle Douglas, I can't keep it in 1 lane?"
UD: "Just Power through it man!"
Old June 27th, 2013, 02:13 PM
ssi19
scott
1995/D90

Quick update. I don't think it an ac problem. Because when I flip on the ac after driving for a while (first time turning on the ac) it only blows hot. So that would rule out the theory that the ac fails after it runs for a while. Also the heater hoses are hot even when idling. So my heat vents/flaps must be slightly open. Anyone disagree with the logic?
Old July 1st, 2013, 07:58 PM
ssi19
scott
1995/D90

OK sounds like I am correct. Now on to figuring out how to close this heat vent! Will play with the cable tensions to start....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions