NAPA Power Steering Pump - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 12th, 2011, 06:00 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110
NAPA Power Steering Pump

Has anybody come up with a solution like the NAPA power steering pump "upgrade" for a V-belt engine? The pump described on Pirate looks like a drop-in for a serpentine setup but not my V-belt. I'm not trying to cheap out on this; I remember Lane telling me that he can turn 37's with one finger with that NAPA pump installed. Sounds like a win-win if there's a way to make it work.

Old January 12th, 2011, 06:26 PM
D Cantrell
1997 D90SW
I have the same pump I just haven't installed it. I bought a Saginaw setup and i want to go that direction for my Hydro winch and eventually hydro assist... The only difference between the NAPA pump and stocker is the orenation of the return line and higher volume if i remember correctly... The return line goes straight down... I'm not sure of the P/N a casting number on the pump is 784 9701, and no I'm not going to part with it until the Saginaw set up is fully installed and proven... I hope this helps

Ops i did not fully read your question this is for a serp setup

Still waiting for the Hope and Change to start
Old January 13th, 2011, 03:01 PM
1983 110 200tdi 3 door soft top
whoa im guessing this is for NAS rovers only? Ive got a 1984 110 that needs a PS pump, ive got a 200tdi right now.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions