My plastic stuff is breaking, what is next? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 23rd, 2011, 05:43 PM
RickM
Rick Mabus
95 D-90 ST

My plastic stuff is breaking, what is next?

Hey guys. I have a 95 d-90 with 75K miles on it and all my plastic stuff is starting fail. Latest was my fuel pump. Prior to that was a key tumbler. Prior to that was my high pressure oil lines.

What do you all suggested I get prepared for next if history is a guide.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 23rd, 2011, 07:42 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

The plastic stuff inside the truck?

If it is all the engine stuff, the trucks don't like to sit around, so try and stay on the regular maintenance.

Welcome back!

Old June 23rd, 2011, 11:27 PM
RickM
Rick Mabus
95 D-90 ST

You know it sat garaged for a long time while I was using a f250 as a daily driver. I sold that hunk of crapola and went back to my d-90. And that might be the issue. The stuff that is breaking really is a stuff like plastic around my fuel pump. The plastic casing an stuff. The other stuff is the little small valves on the side of the fuel tank. Another example is the plastic crapola around the key tumbler. I recently preplaced a starter and while leaning over the side of the truck I cracked the plastic window washer tub. My concern is this. I can handle a dash breaking and stuff but I am wondering if there are items in the mechanic area whether it be suspension, or drivetrain etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 24th, 2011, 12:38 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

No real plastic in the drivetrain. I am guessing age and texas heat have weakened the plastic in the truck. The trim piece around the speedo and tach seems to be the most cracked plastic on D90s I see.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions