Defender Source Forum banner

MUC6521 Grommet - what have the members used?

11K views 32 replies 18 participants last post by  Ozzie 
#1 ·
Both the door speaker wire grommets MUC6521 have perished on my 97 D90. The part is no longer available (the longer rear door one is however) but I was wondering what other members have done to replace theirs.

Found some generic tubing on the web https://www.ebay.com/itm/AutoLoc-DLOOM-Rubber-Door-Wire-Loom-/112237323522

Do any of the Discovery ones fit or any other cars from the same era?
Any other bright ideas?

#4 ·
Newer trucks use the convoluted gasket which fits in square holes in the door post - it works great. It is also long and the same part is used on the back door. The factory just lets the extra length extend into the door cavity. It actually looks just fine in practice.

#26 · (Edited)
Has anybody installed these with soft top door cards?

The pictures in this thread appear to be full wagon doors, and the grommet runs straight from the bulkhead into the door.

On my ST door cards the grommet needs to make a couple of soft 90 degree angles.

Is the grommet pliable enough to make those soft 90 degree angles, and is it long enough?

Here’s a pic to show what I mean:

Attachments

#33 ·
Hi folks.. in the pictures posted the kick panel in the footwell has a plate with a hole in it. My 1988 LR90 does not have that hole, just solid with a wright rubber cover on it.
Anyone know what's needed to get that plate with the hole in it so I can run the grommet from the loom on my new door there?

Ozzie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.