Motor Hot at Idle - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 13th, 2012, 10:25 AM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rover4x4 View Post
Please don't buy those cheap ass made in china water pumps, this is a good part to pay a full price on.
What about one of the mid level ones on BP's site? - Looks like there is a difference at least between the mid and low level propellers: http://bputah.com/RRC%20Parts%202/La...mp_STC483.html

Quinton Hazell looks like they have some shit together:

------ Follow up post added April 13th, 2012 10:28 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Don, Dan posted a thread last year of his crazy new radiator.

------ Follow up post added April 12th, 2012 10:45 AM ------

Found it.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...eferrerid=1743
Thanks Josh - I might see what the local shop offers first and hopefully it will pass like Jeff Huff's radiator did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastonce View Post
but not too tight or you'll experience a premature bearing failure ... ask me how I know ... also when you remove it ... make sure you record what hole each bolt goes in otherwise it's a bitch to figure out where they go ... ask me how I know ....
Haha, good tip that I've heard before but knowing me would never have remembered as I was taking things apart. Will probably dive into this next week or the week after and we re-read while doing it to remember the steps and tips.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 13th, 2012, 12:54 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Do your water hoses remain pressurized after you stop the truck? If not expansion bOttle cap my be at fault. It's worth getting a new one as they are cheap.

With all these mods ... You might as well upgrade to a 300tdi as you have the bonnet open!! ;-)
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
idle, motor