More Bio Diesel prep questions - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 14th, 2012, 11:18 PM
jayz
Jason Zolezzi
85 200tdi 110

More Bio Diesel prep questions

I'm not sure how to identify what type of fuel lines I have. When I looked at them they look more like hard plastic than rubber and they are shiny when you wipe the grime off, they are really thin walled also. Are these the newer ones? They don't look like your typical rubber fuel lines Another thing I am wondering about is the fuel pump. Has any one experienced problems with theirs leaking? I spoke to someone that specializes in alternative fuels and he mentioned that the seals in the Bosch pump can be problematic.

Thanks for any help, Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 15th, 2012, 01:15 AM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

My fuel lines are the hard, shiny plastic type as well except I don't recall them being very thin. I have not had any issues running B99 in them. I did have a leak in the braided fabric covered return lines but no issues after replacing them.

If the seals in the fuel and lift pump are Viton (not rubber) there should be no issue with them. Does anyone know if there are rubber components inside the lift and fuel pumps? It would be good to confirm this. I haven't had any issues with the pumps either.
Old July 15th, 2012, 01:18 AM
jayz
Jason Zolezzi
85 200tdi 110

How long have you been running bio D?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 15th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

3 years & 3 months. I run lower blends in winter (B20 or B50) and higher (B99) in summer. I also alternate with a tank of regular Diesel + Opti-lube every now and then.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
diesel