Mobil 1 in the diff's - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old November 12th, 2003, 11:22 AM
1995 SW #487/500
Mobil 1 in the diff's

okay so was gonna finish with the synthetics and the Mobil 1 syn is only availible in 75wght gear oil. I am not 100% sure if the book calls for 80 or 90? at any rate would it be okay to use the 75wght in the diffs and case or should i stick with what the book suggests?

Poor gas mileage gets you to the best places on earth
Old November 12th, 2003, 11:51 AM
Mike Hippert
94 D-90 Grinding Rover
I use Mobile One 75wt in the Diffs for the last year with no problems, and I put it in the new T-case when I installed it before Laborday. I can shift the T-case without the 90 having to be rolling, infact it goes in and out very easy and never makes any noise. Oh and NO leaks either.

Don't forget to Search first then ask questions later! The loose nut behind the wheel
Old November 14th, 2003, 10:48 PM
Keith Kreutzer
Old beat up 110
D-90 Source Vendor
As much as I love synthetic oils I feel that I should at least mention that if you are intent on spending much time in water you might think twice about these oils in a diff... After one trip under water I check my oil after a season spending "some time" in water I just change it... Cheap insurance... Amortize the life of the syn oil VS. the cost of regular old 90wt and it's a pricey proposal... Good for a good meal anyway

Big, Red and ... aaa Red..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions