MLS, Multi Layered Steel, Head gasket - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 31st, 2011, 09:36 AM
Capt Milks
Mike
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25

MLS, Multi Layered Steel, Head gasket

I am replacing the head gasket on a 300 Tdi engine that I am building. The question I have is on a MLS head gasket is it advisable to use something like Copper Coat on it prior to assembly? I used one before, with out it, and didn't have any problems but I have read that some people like to use a product like Copper Coat? Opinions
Advertisement

Old January 31st, 2011, 10:09 PM
Naplm00
Matthew
1983 110 200tdi 3 door soft top

Ive usedthem in turbo gas engine applications and never used copper spray. My buddy did once but it was because the mating surface on his head was marred.
Old February 1st, 2011, 06:32 AM
Capt Milks
Mike
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25

That was my thinking also. If the block and the head are correct and flat I would think you wouldn't need to use anything.
Advertisement

Old December 15th, 2017, 03:39 PM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Milks View Post
I am replacing the head gasket on a 300 Tdi engine that I am building. The question I have is on a MLS head gasket is it advisable to use something like Copper Coat on it prior to assembly? I used one before, with out it, and didn't have any problems but I have read that some people like to use a product like Copper Coat? Opinions
Milks, do you have any followup on your MLS install?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
gas